Applicant Privacy Notice - Summary
What categories of personal data does Ninety One collect about me and why?
"Personal data" means any information relating to you. During the application process, Ninety One will collect, process and use your personal data, for a range of different purposes. For example:
What personal data?
- Identification - your name, nationality, passport and visa data, social security number, national identification number, health insurance data, pension data, and tax reference number
- Contact details
- Education and work experience
- Organisational data
- Information collected as part of your interview process
- Background check information
- Other relevant application data (e.g. information contained in your CV and current compensation details)
- To process your application
- To determine your eligibility for the role you have applied for
- To conduct background checks as part of your application
- To communicate with you about future job opportunities
- To comply with the law and our obligations
- To communicate with you and with Ninety One employees and third parties (including clients and potential clients)
- To comply with our financial and regulatory obligations
It's important to know that Ninety One may also need to process certain sensitive personal data about you such as health and medical data, and criminal records data. Further, as an organisation we are committed to fostering a diverse and more inclusive work environment. During the application process we may therefore request that you voluntarily share with us gender and race or ethnicity data. This would be entirely voluntary and if you do not wish to do so, this will not adversely impact your application in any way. In this regard, we will always be mindful of our legal obligations in the countries where we operate, and the sensitivity with which such data must be treated.
Who might Ninety One share my personal data with, and what happens if it's transferred out of the Europe?
Ninety One forms part of the broader Ninety One Group. Both Ninety One and the Ninety One Group operate globally, with entities and offices in numerous countries. Entities across the Ninety One Group are involved in processing data for and on behalf of Ninety One. We might also need to transfer your data to other third parties - e.g. potential business partners, acquiring entities, suppliers, clients, or government bodies. Our policy is to limit who has access to that data as much as we can. When we transfer data out of Europe, Ninety One will take all necessary measures to ensure your data is adequately protected.
How long will Ninety One keep my personal data for?
We won't keep it for any longer than is necessary, for example, to comply with our legal obligations, to ensure that we are complying with our obligations to you and other third parties (e.g. auditors, regulators or clients) or to contact you about future work opportunities at Ninety One.
What rights do I have in respect of my personal data?
You have a number of rights in relation to your data. These include a right to access, correct and erase your data as well as more technical rights to restrict the way we process it, and to transfer your data.
Find out more about the processing of your personal data by reading the detailed Applicant Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found here.
Who can I contact if I have any questions regarding how Ninety One processes my personal data?
If you have concerns or questions regarding your personal data, please contact Ninety One’s Data Privacy Advisor on email@example.com